- How long does it take for a piece of software to be developed?
- What are the risks?
- How much will my piece of software cost?
- Does Techifide provide hosting?
- What timezone are Techifide’s developers working at?
- What is the technology stack?
- Where are software developers located?
- How does Techifide make sure developers know what they need to do?
- Is software fully tested by Techifide?
How long does it take for a piece of software to be developed?
As every piece of software is different, the short answer is: it depends on your requirements. We work on projects from 6 months to several-year phased deliveries. The best way to estimate a timescale for software development is to use a Software Requirements Specification. UX and Software Architects will explore Functional and Non Functional requirements as part of Software Design, which should be very clear before going into the Development Phase.
Where are software developers located?
All of our developers are located in Latin America, in Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay. We have established a network that covers this large region because it is very rare to have a particular neighbourhood full of outstanding developers. Although some of the team live close to each other, they all work from offices at home. So remote communication is something we pride ourselves in – both within the Offshore team and with UK team members and clients.
- CSS, SCSS
- Web API
- SQL Server (database)
- ASP.NET ( Ado.Net + Stack Management Techniques)
- MVC / Asp.Net Core
- Postgres DB
- Natural Language Processing
What is the technology stack?
Our team has an extensive range of skills in the most commonly used (and some very specialist) technology stacks. Which we use will depend on the software requirements, which we’ll work with you to explore and agree the best approach. These are some that we are very good with:
What timezone are Techifide’s developers working at?
We only work with Latin America, for good reason: it’s behind UK time. For example, Brasilia’s time varies from -2 to -4 hours across the year, always allowing a healthy minimum of four hours daily overlap from 12 pm UK time onwards.
Does Techifide provide hosting?
We are experts in software development, so we work in partnership with experts in Cloud Services to deploy our applications. We recommend hosting partners such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud and we can help you scope out hosting requirements so you can commission with confidence.
How much will my piece of software cost?
As with the question of time, it’s only possible to estimate cost once you have your requirements clear. However, we understand that budget needs to be secured before projects can begin. So we can assist you with a time-boxed Discovery Phase, Prototyping and MVP definition to achieve what you need for budgeting purposes.
What are the risks?
There are risks in any type of project delivery and offshore outsourcing has its own particular challenges. Our Offshore Checklist is a useful tool for mitigating these at planning stage, and these are some key factors we recommend for successful outsourcing:
- Work according to the plan – an expert Scrum Master is essential
- Demand management – involve all appropriate stakeholders, including sales & marketing personnel, using the MVP philosophy to encourage engagement and sustain momentum
- Strong communication – use virtual connection tools to keep a constant dialogue between outsourcing and outsourcer (we use Slack, MS Teams, Google Meetings),
- Think big – larger projects are more likely to succeed than small ones: statistics show that one month projects are more likely to be over budget than longer term ones.
How does Techifide make sure developers know what they need to do?
Best practice Agile working for large projects includes a Solution Architect, a Scrum Master and a Product Owner. For Offshore outsourcing, we recommend these are based in the UK and we can provide this resource if it is not already in your business. This key triad ensures Stories and Tasks are written correctly and the Scrum Master ensures that tasks are allocated to our developers through Agile Boards.
Is software fully tested by Techifide?
Our entire team is responsible for quality: our Software Developers make sure their code is fully tested and our QA team makes sure everything adheres to the script. However, we try to involve our clients as much as possible in testing because nobody knows better than you how your application should work.